Friday, September 9, 2011

Medications Pre and Post Angioplasty treatment for CCSVI

Here are the meds I was prescribed by doctors and neuros I was taking for ten years or more before CCSVI Treatment last January.
  • Avonex Beta 1A Interferon once a week intermuscular injection. Side effects were racing heart, palpitations, flu like symptoms with aching joints and muscles, headache, very tired and weakness for three - four days following. Along with this I had to take tylenol for up to three days 2-3 pills per day.
  • Oxybutin chloride (Ditropan) for neurogenic bladder. Side effects were excessive thirst (dry mouth) and dry skin. 3 pills per day to help my bladder function properly. (incontinence & urge)
  • Blood Pressure meds:Avapro side effects - none. 1 pill per day.
  • Baclofen - For releif of muscle spasm and clenching.  Side effects were loss of total digestive & elimination system from top to bottom. This story is too gory to tell but if you want to know more you can email me and I will send you all the dirty details. Suffice to say here that it was the most unpleasant and depressing time of my life so far.
  • Steroids - mega dose of high potency to snap my body out of paralysis. Side effects - weight gain, hunger, craving for sweets.
Meds as of seven months post angio - Now I only take my blood pressure meds Avapro once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment