Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pre-treatment Diet, Nutrition, Vitamins & Supplements & Exercise

This is an outline of what I have been doing for the past ten years before treatment for CCSVI in order to create an environment for my body to heal and become stronger from a devestating attack of MS. You can find out more, get some great recipes and read excerpts from my journey through MS by purchasing my cookbook "Recipes From The Heart Complete". This book is filled with wonderful recipes, hints and tips using organic, fair trade products from Blessings Coffee Break.

The Diet: 

I had a very compromised digestive system after my MS attack and could only eat mashed potatoes for weeks after, then the first meat I could eat was of all things a hot dog! (I still enjoy a hot dog about once a month with vegetarian chili!). I now follow a diet utilizing low Fat, no saturated or trans fat ingredients.I cleaned out my cupboards and try not to use any processed food. My baking supplies and spices are organic and whole whole grain & gluten free, organic fair trade cocoa and dark chocolate.  I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil to dress salads, and cook with. Eggs three times a week or more. Organic, Fresh fruits and vegetables from the Farmer's Market in season and frozen vegetables in winter,  local honey, apple cider vinegar, organic whole grains, rice & oats. I recently started going less dairy & more gluten free using rice and almond milk for cereal and drinking. I  have a probiotic capsule every morning.  I eat mostly chicken, fish, and seafood instead of beef or pork (harder to digest) except in spagetti sauce - a small amount of ground beef in the sauce does not seem to bother me and I do substitute ground chicken or turkey in my sauce and chili as well. I make my own french fries coating the potatoes with spices and olive oil spray then baking in the oven. Sweet potato fries are great this way as well. For Poutine (a family favourite) I usually use pork & beans for the gravy and shredded low fat cheese to melt on top! Delicious! I drink lots of organic, fair trade green tea, white tea and black tea, & coffee because we sell it! Blessings Coffee Break carries Numi, Choice & Equita Organic Fair Trade teas and Level Ground Trading Ltd. Organic Fair Trade Coffees from around the world!

The Supplements:
ECGC-Green Tea Extract I take one/day.

The Vitamins:
Multi Vitamin I take 1 day

Vitamin D3 I take 2000/day in summer and 4000/day in winter
Vitamin C I take one or two per day summer and winter
Vitamin B12 sublingual I take 1 day 

1 comment:

  1. Please read my updated supplements and diet list post angio in July's postings.

    ReplyDelete